The craftspace is, like many areas of the hackspace, a growing area of exploration. This area is looked after and maintained by Team Craft otherwise known as the Crafty Crew - we also run the inductions for the sewing machines, and overlocker.
This area is a clean area for crafting, such as:
- Knitting and Crochet
- Papercraft including cardmaking and scrapbooking
- Small carving projects
- Stained glass work
- Model making and painting
This isn't an exclusive list, but more of a guide.
The sewing machine
|Used for||Sewing light to medium weight fabric|
The Singer 4423 Heavy Duty sewing machine
|Used for||Sewing fabric upto heavy weight|
|Used for||Joining and finishing two or more pieces of fabric|
Craft Area Consumables
These are items that the hackspace classes as consumables, and aims to keep in stock. We have a small budget for this so we encourage donations, and have donation jars around the space.
- board markers
- tape - duct, masking and sello
- labels for the label makers
- Sharpie markers - black, fine tipped
- Stanley blades
- scalpel blades
- needles - hand sewing and cheap (from china) machine needles
- white cotton