The MMMM (Members Monthly Monday Meeting) is a monthly meeting on the First Monday of each month at 19:00 that all members of the space are invited to. We discuss issues relevant to our community, including project updates, events, decisions, infrastructure and policy changes. Meetings are ended with direction for the upcoming month and wind up with social time.
If there is something you’d like to discuss, please add it to the Agenda below, this aims to keep discussions on track and away from Bikeshedding. The meetings aren’t compulsory and members are invited to attend.
Hackspace Manchester, Wellington House, Pollard Street, Manchester, M40 7FS
- The month before the MMMM, points can be added to this page (under "Member submitted items") by any member to be discussed
- At the MMMM, this page will be referenced. Team updates will be requested, and all points will be discussed by the Chair.
- The minute taker will then write minutes, and upload them to the MMMMM Github repo, see the links above.
- Once the minutes have been published, the Member Submitted Items will be replaced with `* <Your items here>`
- The group chat and forum should then be updated with links to the minutes.
Next Meeting Agenda
Please do not remove these as they are required at each meeting
- Approval of minutes for last meeting
- Reports from teams
- 3D Print
Member submitted items
- Some issues require more open and prolonged discussion than can be achieved through Members' Meetings alone. Awareness needs to be raised of this, and some discussions need to be opened up on the forum to allow open participation.
- Perhaps some issues are worth having a standalone meeting for, and a doodle poll can be created to ensure the best date/time is picked to capture the widest amount of interested/involved parties.
- Noting of the number of attendees at the Members' Meeting should be added to the minutes, and also possibly noting the names of those attending (unless people wish to remain anonymous).
- Review the implications of having a written warning issued against a standing member of the board. Depending on the context of the warning this may lead to involved parties feeling unsafe, as it is a common misconception that the board has authority over the community. Is this an issue with the communities perception of the board and their responsibilities, or are there further reaching implications of this?
- Could we move the agenda items to the forum? Easier to add points for non-technical people, and easier to discuss before the meeting.
- There would be a Meeting Agenda thread
- Any points can be added to it.
- A day before the next meeting, all points raised since the previous meeting would become the formal agenda for the next meeting
- The minutes would be published as usual, or could also be moved to the forum in a separate "Meeting Minutes" thread
- A discussion thread for this has been opened on the forum, if you wish to contribute before the meeting: http://list.hacman.org.uk/t/members-meeting-agenda-discussion/2471
- Purchasing - I don't know what needs to be discussed but it sounds like it really needs discussing. http://list.hacman.org.uk/t/purchasing/2483
- Review of Open Evening hours.
- <click "Edit" top left of this page and put your items above this bullet point>
Previous Meeting's Minutes
Minutes are written up and uploaded to the GitHub repo as a markdown file named by the date the meeting was on. https://github.com/HACManchester/MMMMM