|Keith Chester wrote:
Taken from Fubar Labs
- You should commit the code to the HACMan SVN (ask parag0n, JonTheNiceGuy or TBSliver for the username/password if you dont have it)
- Use the page for that day for pictures/screenshots and basically all information you can about the program you have written (even if it's a Hello World...) Also add the details to the table below, to make it easier to track whats been done. Use a simple description in the Program column - the Day page is for a detailed description!
- The program should be under a free software licence, however which one is up to the programmer. Here is a list of free software licences that could be used. If in doubt, just use GPL or whichever licence you're familiar with - The main focus of this is the programming!
- Do not duplicate the functionality of programs already done for this. As said in the Challenge, this is about learning new things, so even if you're using a language you're completely new to, make it do something interesting - choose a random function from the language and make something interesting from that!
- Post to the list about your intentions, and which day(s) you want to program for. It would be quite counter productive if we had 5 people for one day, and none for the next 4.
- Dont worry about getting the description done on the day - as long as the code is done and working, the description can be polished over the next couple of days if necessary.
All code should be commited to the svn - located at svn.hacman.org.uk. As said in the HACMan rules, ask TBSliver or parag0n for the username/password. The project folder is called '2010_March_Madness' and each day has a specific folder to keep things in at least some resemblance of organisation!
|1st||JimM||Rockstorm - Python/PyGame|
|2nd||JonTheNiceGuy||PHP daemon to poll Twitter replies (hopefully!)|
|3rd||TBSliver||(VERY) Simple Graph program in Brainf*ck|
|5th||Tallscreen||London A-Z Calculator|
|6th||JimM||"Will it rain" lamp|
|7th||parag0n||RGB Sphere v2 - Bluetooth Magic Sphere|
|8th||Tallscreen||Building height calculator|
|10th||TBSliver||(another) BF Program|
|11th||parag0n||Habari URL Bouncer plugin|
|12th||parag0n||SVN zipup post-commit hook|
|13th||JonTheNiceGuy||A dynamic timetable.|
|14th||JimM||Processing demo - "Sway"|
|16th||pwaring||Wikipedia UK railway scraper|
|17th||JimM||Text frequency analysis|
|18th||parag0n||Markov Chain Generator|
|20th||Andrew||Arduino 3 phase triangle wave generator|
|22nd||Tallscreen||VB6 MP3 renamer|
|23rd||parag0n||attiny13 low voltage detector|
|24th||Tallscreen||Arduino Space Game|
|26th||pwaring||Wikipedia UK railway parser|
|27th||parag0n||A PHP-based Calendar generator|
|28th||Sward||Test program for LoL Shield that progressively fills and unfills the display.|
|29th||pwaring||Perl script to generate sitemap.xml files for websites.|
|31st||Various||Mega Hello World|