The MMMM (Members Monthly Monday Meeting) is a monthly meeting on the First Monday of each month at 19:00 that all members of the space are invited to. We discuss issues relevant to our community, including project updates, events, decisions, infrastructure and policy changes. Meetings are ended with direction for the upcoming month and wind up with social time.
If there is something you’d like to discuss, please add it to the Agenda below, this aims to keep discussions on track and away from Bikeshedding. The meetings aren’t compulsory and members are invited to attend.
Hackspace Manchester, Wellington House, Pollard Street, Manchester, M40 7FS
Next Meeting Agenda
Please do not remove these as they are required at each meeting
- Approval of minutes for last meeting
- Reports from teams
- 3D Print
Member submitted items
- An incentive to carry out communal activities should be considered. For example snap a selfie of yourself taking out the rubbish to earn 5 minutes of laser time.
- Implement the new Members Storage rules defined here: http://list.hacman.org.uk/t/rfc-members-storage/2458/4
- A clear and codified way of marking space infrastructure, including aesthetic items, so that this is clear to members and such that members are not tempted to start tampering with / throwing these items away. Suggested stickering similar to DNH labels currently in use.
- Can we get a consensus / organise the next bin the space day please
- Discuss creation of sponsorship pack to provide to potential event sponsors
- Is it really necessary to publish the names of members who have been issued warnings on the WIKI? Is it the tone and culture the membership wants to be represented by? It could be suggested it is a “name and shame” approach. Whist it is important to have a formal process, and be seen to follow it, perhaps an anonymised format of the information would better reflect our values.
- Future of the space - points just to think about.
- Currently we're a shed of really cool stuff and a community of really cool people
- Do we want to go more professional? i.e. properly wired workshop, more robust systems
- or is the current formula mostly working?
- <click "Edit" top left of this page and put your items above this bullet point>
Previous Meeting's Minutes
Minutes are written up and uploaded to the GitHub repo as a markdown file named by the date the meeting was on. https://github.com/HACManchester/MMMMM
- The month before the MMMM, points can be added to this page (under "Member submitted items") by any member to be discussed
- At the MMMM, this page will be referenced. Team updates will be requested, and all points will be discussed by the Chair.
- The minute taker will then write minutes, and upload them to the MMMMM Github repo, see the links above.
- Once the minutes have been published, the Member Submitted Items will be replaced with `* <Your items here>`
- The group chat and forum should then be updated with links to the minutes.